Search This Blog Only

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Kel-Tec or LCP Sight Installations

Philip at http://www.innovativearms.com/ is well known in the area for great class 3 and suppressor stuff but he is also a very good general gunsmith and machinist.  When I brought Philip my pet Kel-Tec 3AT and asked to him to make some sights he eagerly obliged.

I had found that the little Kel-Tec shot way better than it should and was only really hampered by the non-existent sights.  I have hit a man-sized steel silhouette with my old p-32 without sights and got some pretty decent benched groups with the 3AT so I was prepared to give my little pocket protector some sights I could see.

Philip dovetailed a SIG 239 front sight and machined a new rear into the Kel-Tec slide.  It now has a great sight picture and I can amaze my friends by running the plate rack at the club with a Kel-tec .380.

Oh the joy of sights!

No comments:

Post a Comment